Our brave little guy before surgery
After 4 hours of restless sleep I was on my way back to the NICU. Spending the night away from my baby and husband had been agony and I was anxious to be with them again, but I walked very slowly through the hospital, my left knee was very weak and I didn't want to fall again.
I got to our room shortly before the doctors and surgeons did morning rounds. We were hoping to hear that Johnny would go into surgery that day. But because his condition, while serious, was not life threatening they were going to wait until the next day to operate. This was frustrating to hear. We didn't want our baby to be in pain any longer than he needed to be, and we also wanted to get surgery behind us as quickly as possible so that we could get home and be a family….Read More